We’re a specialist consultancy looking for an excellent Account Director or Senior Account Director. This person will take a leading role on government and media relations for two key client accounts, as well as working proactively to grow our own business.
This is a position for someone ambitious who wants to shape the narrative around important renewable technologies. It’s also a rare opportunity to make a big impact on our company, with great promotion opportunities as a result.
- Work within a small and specialised team to support clients with public policy and communications strategy.
- Act as day-to-day account lead and drive client strategies focused on important renewable energy technologies, designing programmes and campaigns that lead to positive outcomes for clients.
- Help to build new business proposals and ideas based on trends within the energy transition, both in the UK and internationally.
- Be a key driver in new business development for Helmsley Energy.
- Build positive working relationships with political figures, journalists and other influential stakeholders on behalf of Helmsley and our clients.
- Work closely with senior colleagues and manage junior team members.
- Confidence: You'll be the day-to-day lead on two key accounts, so you need to be authoritative and confident when engaging with people inside and outside the company.
- Intelligence: We need someone who can grasp complex issues and think creatively. We’re looking for a university degree that demonstrates strong intellectual ability (not necessarily in energy or related topics), or work experience that does the same.
- Experience: 5-10 years in corporate relations/public affairs (agency or in-house) with experience in a regulated sector. We're open to hearing from Senior Account Managers who can show they're ready to step up to a bigger role. You don’t need to know energy inside out as you'll receive training in energy markets, but energy or industrial sector experience helps. You should be very comfortable handling public policy issues.
- Proactivity: We're looking for someone who gets on with things, rather than just talking about it. And because we're not always all in the office together, we need colleagues who can work without supervision.
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to produce and present high-quality materials in written form and in person to senior stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurialism: We’re looking for someone who’ll take a proactive role in new business development through marketing, promotion, thought leadership and networking.
- Ambition: You’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge.
- Diligence: We’re looking for someone who’s hard-working, has attention to detail and can take the initiative to support clients.
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- A competitive salary (£55,000 to £75,000, dependent on experience).
- Bonuses based on the success of you and your team.
- 25 days’ holiday. In addition you’ll get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds).
- Flexibility in your working week.
- We’ll invest in your training and development based on your needs and interests, including training in energy and sustainability issues.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will appoint as soon as we find the right person, so please don't delay.
To apply, send a CV and a short cover letter (no more than 400 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.