We’re a specialist consultancy, helping our clients to navigate and shape the energy transition. We’re growing, so we’re looking for a Senior Account Executive to build our capacity and work across a range of client accounts and new business projects.
We’re looking for an intelligent, diligent consultant who wants to help shape one of the biggest megatrends of the 21st century, the global energy transition.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic, specialist firm, with great opportunities to accelerate your development and make a big contribution to the growth of the company. The right person should expect to move up to Account Manager relatively quickly if they fit the job.
We’re seeking to hire quickly, so if this is the role for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Conducting research, and managing the research of others, on policies, political figures, organisations and public decision-making processes, including analysis of clients’ interests and where these overlap with public policy concerns;
- Supporting senior colleagues on client accounts and new business work, including assisting in the day-to-day management of client accounts;
- Deliver client strategies to ensure effective engagement with government, via direct political engagement and through other channels (e.g. media, social media);
- Take increasing responsibility for account management, including feeding into intelligence reports, creating better systems for account management, organising logistics for meetings, day-to-day account management, and events;
- Monitoring political and media developments and reporting changes to clients on a regular basis;
- Writing reports, letters, briefings and other materials to support the above work;
- Attracting and securing new business, including through out-of-hours networking and work on marketing activities;
- Developing your own broad network of contacts in politics and the media;
- Other administrative tasks to support the work of the business.
- Confidence: We’re looking for a confident, proactive individual who can rise to the challenge of working in a dynamic and demanding role.
- Intelligence: You should be able to grasp complex issues and think creatively. You should have a university degree that demonstrates strong intellectual ability, and work experience that does the same. You should be able to come up with ideas that contribute to our work, and to develop your own areas of expertise within the company, usually relating to a client’s policy and technology challenges.
- Writing excellence: Writing and presentation skills are essential in this role. You must be able to write to a high standard and present in person to internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly engaged: You must be actively interested in the political world, public policy (especially energy transition-related) and business strategy. Even if you haven’t worked directly in energy, you should be able to show an interest in, awareness of and understanding of the key technologies and issues involved in the energy transition.
- Experience: At least 12 months’ experience working full-time in a corporate relations, public affairs, media or a similar role. You don’t need to have experience in energy - we’ll provide training - but it helps if you can show experience in a similar or highly regulated industry.
- Ambition: You’ll have the chance to work on things that you wouldn’t in an equivalent role elsewhere, and we’ll promote you quickly if you can rise to the challenge.
- Diligence: We’re looking for someone who’s hard working, organised, has attention to detail, and can take the initiative to support colleagues and clients.
- New perspectives: We’re actively looking to build a diverse team.
- Competitive salary, depending on your experience.
- Bonuses based on the success of yourself and the wider team.
- 23 days’ holiday. In addition you’ll get your birthday off and half a day extra before or after each bank holiday (to help you get ahead of the bank holiday crowds).
- Flexibility in your working week (working hybrid from the office and home).
- We’ll invest in your training and development based on your needs and interests, including training in energy and sustainability issues.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will appoint as soon as we find the right person, so please don't delay.
To apply, send a CV (no more than two pages) and a short cover letter (no more than 400 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.